Filing begins at 8 a.m. Monday, July 6 for political office in Wilmington and the three New Hanover County beach towns and ends at noon Friday, July 17.
The offices open for election in November and the cost to file for office are:
• Mayor of Wilmington, $125
• Wilmington City Council (three seats), $95
• Mayor of Carolina Beach, $18
• Carolina Beach Town Council (two seats), $18
• Mayor of Kure Beach, $24
• Kure Beach Town Council (two seats), $2
• Mayor of Wrightsville Beach, $10
• Wrightsville Beach Board of Aldermen (two seats), $10
Paperwork must be received during the filing period; any notices arriving after July 17 will not be accepted.
Candidates wishing to file in person should go to the New Hanover County Board of Elections office in the government complex off South College Road. The address is 230 Government Center Drive, Suite 38, Wilmington.