From the City of Wilmington:
The City of Wilmington’s 2014 Transportation Bond project to make safety and aesthetic improvements on Eastwood Road is almost complete. Improvements were installed between Bretonshire Road and Cavalier Drive on Eastwood. The project was combined with a privately funded project in the same area to better coordinate the work and get it completed more quickly.
- Landscaped median extending from Autumn Hall Drive to Cavalier Drive;
- New traffic signal at Autumn Hall Drive;
- Traffic signal improvements at Rogersville Road.
Work on the realignment of Rogersville Road and a new roundabout on Rogersville is ongoing and a third signalized intersection will open in the coming months by the new Aldi grocery store.
Benefits of the project:
- Increasing safety and improve traffic flow by limiting left turns;
- Easing traffic flow without significant cost and inconvenience of widening the road.
These improvements are being coordinated with other planned developments in the area and NCDOT improvements at the Eastwood/Military Cutoff Road intersection expected to begin within the next two to three years.