Fire crews respond to house fire on Palmetto Drive



Fire crews were able to contain a house fire at 4 Palmetto Dr. on Saturday, Aug. 30.

Residents of the house said the fire occurred in the afternoon when they using a smoker to grill food on the back porch. When the smoker was left unattended for a few minutes, a fire started, singeing the side of the house and burning a foot-wide hole in the floor of the porch.

Neighbors were first to the scene, using a nearby garden hose to contain the fire until fire crews arrived. Captain Matt Holland of the Wrightsville Beach Fire Department said they were able to quickly extinguish the fire.

“There was no extension to the inside of the house,” Holland said, “and just a little bit of smoke damage on the ceiling, so we cleared all the smoke from inside the house.”

No injuries were reported.


Copyright 2014 Lumina News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Leave A Reply

WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann